Airsoft games are increasing in popularity perhaps due to their exciting nature as pastime activities for gun enthusiasts. For amateurs, airsoft games are active games that will certainly keep your adrenaline levels high throughout the battles.
That said, the best airsoft gun under 200 USDs are more like the real, sophisticated modern world guns used in the military. They, however, have some slight differences, for instance, they use a small 6mm round of plastic pellets. The pellets also travel at a lower speed compared to real-world bullets. Due to this, they don’t necessarily hurt but leave minor bruises. To simulate actual battles, airsoft games are played in military styles.
- Our Top Recommended Airsoft Guns Under 200$
- Airsoft types
- Airsoft Guns Buyers Guide
- Top 5 Airsoft Guns
Our Top Recommended Airsoft Guns Under 200$
- The Lancer Tactical Airsoft Interceptor AEG M4 Rifle
- The Lancer Tactical LT-0 4B M16 RIS AEG Airsoft Gun
- The Velocity 614 Airsoft Red Dot Version 2012
- The Soft Air FN SCAR-L Rifle
- The JG M4 S-System RIS Pre-Upgraded Airsoft Rifle
Airsoft game players can take various responsibilities. This leads to the various, up to 23, airsoft types. Just to mention, the common types include:
- Medic – this game’s objective is death match or team domination. However, here, there is a medic who remains partially armed perhaps with a pistol. Their work is to heal injured players and use the weapon only to defend themselves.
- Team deathmatch – also known as TDM, it is the basic airsoft play. It involves two teams playing against each other, as they compete for more kills.
- Capture the flag – here, two teams playing against each other try to take the other teams flag to their base. This mode can either be a live flag or dead flag play.
- King of the hill – in this type, some players barricade a hill as the rest attack.
- Sniper – sniper, is probably the most enjoyable airsoft game. Here, one sniper uses a sniper rifle is given two minutes to hide. The rest of the team are then tasked with finding him. They must find him and shoot him.
- The escort – with this type, one team has to provide escort to an unarmed person to a specific location. The other team tries to kill the escort or perhaps the whole team. The attacking team often hides as the escorts travel along a normal path.
- CQB/Close Quarters Battle – it is the indoor version of this game. It is played in a big house or many close houses. Handguns and close-range guns are preferred.
- Ambush – otherwise known as return fire, a small group of snipers seek to eliminate as many troops as possible before they reach their destined path.
That said, it is imperative that you find the best airsoft gun for battling. Airsoft guns come in different sizes, abilities, and features. Some of the features you should prioritize in your airsoft gun include the following:
Airsoft Guns Buyers Guide
Playing this game requires that you take multiple positions. Unless you are in a position where you ought to take cover all time, moving around during the game is common. Running, jumping, sliding and getting on the floor with your gun in tow are some of the movements. During these maneuvers, you might hit objects inadvertently or need to drop your gun to get into position. This is why the resilience of the gun is important. Get a gun that ascertains durability. This is perhaps why metal made airsoft guns are preferred over plastic.
Hitting your mark in the battle is of immense importance. This is why you should consider the precision of the gun. Barrel length definitely has a role to play in determining the accuracy of the rifle. For an accurate airsoft gun, a barrel length of approximately 450 mm is ideal. Its bore size is also important. A precise bore won’t allow much air to pass through the bb. Much air in the bb can distort its trajectory. On the other hand, a tight bore can jam the barrel.
This involves how far the gun the shoot. This is determined by the hop up, a rubber nub that is installed at the top of the barrel. A good airsoft gun should have a provision for adjusting the hop up.
Magazine and capacity – the gun’s magazine capacity can limit or extend your play time. This is based on the bbs it can hold. Avoid picking an airsoft gun that will need you to waste much time reloading during the battle. It also increases the chances of being hit without the ability to return fire. That said, consider one with at least a 150-round capacity.
Having said this, consider the following best airsoft guns under 200 dollars.
Top 5 Airsoft Guns
The Lancer Tactical Airsoft Interceptor AEG M4 Rifle
Lancer Tactical is known for their affordable airsoft rifles. Their products are great for those looking to venture into the game without breaking their banks. Among the popular interceptor, series is the M4 rifle. It has all the features you would want in your gun before battling out. Lightweight nature, skeletonized rail system, lasers, grips are just but a few outstanding features of The Lancer Tactical Airsoft Interceptor AEG M4 Rifle.
Features of The Lancer Tactical Airsoft Interceptor AEG M4 Rifle
- Its body is made from a plastic polymer whereas the barrel and gearbox are metal.
- Has an adjustable hop up
- Shoots a range between 400 to 420 FPS (feet per second)
- Features a fully equipped bag of 0.2g BB, battery and charger included
- Has an ergonomic magazine that is perfect even for gloved fingers.
- Has rail segments with flashlights and lasers
- Lightweight plastic polymer body and handguard reduces fatigue during play
- Has a removable flip-up front as well as rear iron sights.
- Has a magazine capacity of 300 rounds
- Uses an 8.4V battery type
Pros of The Lancer Tactical Airsoft Interceptor AEG M4 Rifle
- Mag is included
- Battery and charger included
- Has front and rear sights installed
- Has a muzzle break
- Has both semi and automatic features
Cons of The Lancer Tactical Airsoft Interceptor AEG M4 Rifle
- A major limitation of this gun is that it has a plastic mounting rail and sling clip
With these features, The Lancer Tactical Airsoft Interceptor AEG M4 Rifle is a great choice for outdoor fields. It has outstanding accuracy and ranges out of the box.
The Lancer Tactical LT-0 4B M16 RIS AEG Airsoft Gun
Modelled after the M16 assault rifle, The Lancer Tactical LT-0 4B M16 RIS AEG Airsoft Gun has various unbeatable features, at an affordable price. Its lightweight design with nylon polymer reinforcement enables it to withstand heavy use as well as keep the internals safe and efficient. The rifle comes with various upgrades noted my Lancer Tactical from their previous airsoft gun models. Among the upgrades include the metal gearbox which has tougher metal gears, which are much more efficient compared to the traditional pot-metal gears.
Features of The Lancer Tactical LT-0 4B M16 RIS AEG Airsoft Gun
- Made from a lightweight nylon polymer
- Has a 6-inch drop-in rail system
- Features a 6.03mm tight bore barrel
- Comes with a battery, charger and a bag of 0.2g bbs
- Has a retractable crane stock
- Its carry handle is removable
- Its barrel is lined with copper for a precision finish and excellent performance
- Accurate for a distance of up to 200 feet making it great for outdoor games
Pros of The Lancer Tactical LT-0 4B M16 RIS AEG Airsoft Gun
- Has metal sling clips
- Has an adjustable hop up
- Has front and rear sights
- Has a retractable stock
- Comes with semi and auto firing modes
Cons of The Lancer Tactical LT-0 4B M16 RIS AEG Airsoft Gun
- A drawback of this airsoft gun model is that the external aspect is made of plastic thus not durable
Based on these features, The Lancer Tactical LT-0 4B M16 RIS AEG Airsoft Gun is an affordable gun with exceptional performance.
The Velocity 614 Airsoft Red Dot Version 2012
Fans of close range shooting should try this airsoft gun. This is perhaps due to it 315 FPS shooting gearbox. The gun is made of sturdy ABC coupled with metal components for enhanced durability. The gun is equipped with a 300 round high magazine capacity. It also shoots hard and fast. Based on this magazine capacity, you won’t have to reload the gun frequently during the war. It blasts at 550 bbs per minute. Despite this speed, it doesn’t sacrifice on accuracy precision. Thanks to its adjustable hop up system.
Features of The Velocity 614 Airsoft Red Dot Version 2012
- Features a NiCad rechargeable battery and charger
- Has a laser and red dot sight for accuracy
- Has semi and automatic firing modes
- Has a 300- round capacity magazine reducing the need for reloading
Pros of The Velocity 614 Airsoft Red Dot Version 2012
- Has an adjustable hop up and collapsible stock
- Semi-automatic and fully firing modes
- Has a ghilli rail system for more upgrades and accessories
Cons of The Velocity 614 Airsoft Red Dot Version 2012
- A major drawback of this airsoft gun is that it is mostly made from plastic thus compromises durability
This gun is precisely excellent for indoor fields and close quarter battles. It is not only the best airsoft gun under 200 dollars but also under $100.
The Soft Air FN SCAR-L Rifle
The Soft Air FN SCAR-L Rifle resembles a real gun. Otherwise known as the Special Operation Forces Combat Assault Rifle, it was developed by a Belgian arms manufacturer. This gun features ambidextrous controls including the Ambi selector, mag release and reversible charging which allows the operator to configure the rifle to individual preference.
It is made from a high strength polymer which cuts down its weight without sacrificing on the controls and sturdiness of the gun. With its stock folded, The Soft Air FN SCAR-L Rifle resembles a low-profile gun for easy storage and transportation.
Features of The Soft Air FN SCAR-L Rifle
- Features and extendable folding stock to easy ambiguity
- Has flip up front and rear sights
- Made of full metal upper receiver and barrel while the lower receiver and stock as polymers
- Accessory rails are fully metal
- Has an ambidextrous selector switch and mag release
- Has an adjustable cheek rest
- Comes with a 200-bb mag, 260 FPS range, battery and charger
Pros of The Soft Air FN SCAR-L Rifle
- Accuracy enhanced by front and rear sights
- Has an adjustable hop up
- Has both semi and automatic firing modes
Cons of The Soft Air FN SCAR-L Rifle
- The battery can be challenging to remove
- Maintenance can be a challenge too
The Soft Air FN SCAR-L Rifle is a great gun for beginner airsoft game enthusiast.
The JG M4 S-System RIS Pre-Upgraded Airsoft Rifle
The JG M4 airsoft gun is a perfect choice for any budget minded air softer. It is an upgraded gun that crowns up to 420 FPS. The gun’s gearbox, gears, outer barrel, RIS, front and rear flip-up sights, and sling mounts are made from metal. The remaining parts of the gun are made from a sturdy ABC plastic.
Features of The JG M4 S-System RIS Pre-Upgraded Airsoft Rifle
- Features a 300-round capacity magazine thus reduces reloading
- Has an 8.4V 1100 mAh rechargeable battery and a charger
- Has a retractable stock
- Has both full and semi-auto modes
- Has an adjustable hop-up
- Has flip-up front and rear sights
- Is functionally rated safe
- Has a collapsible CQB 4 position stock
- Provides for windage and elevation adjustments
Pros of The JG M4 S-System RIS Pre-Upgraded Airsoft Rifle
- Has undisputed durability
- Very accurate
- Shoots hard and fast
Cons of The JG M4 S-System RIS Pre-Upgraded Airsoft Rifle
- A major drawback of this airsoft gun is that it may not be budget friendly despite being under 200 dollars
The airsoft guns mentioned above can help you in making a selection of the best for your escapade. Before playing, ensure that you put on some protective gear such as the goggles and masks.
Bear in mind that some rifles fire their pellets at high speeds. Though the rifles can’t hurt, they can cause slight injuries. Having a protective gear is therefore prudent to avoid these injuries.